Monday, June 9, 2008

A Year Later...

So, more than a year after I began my little blogging space, I shall attempt a second entry. This is terribly amusing to me, as all the entertaining things I could share with people are those which I tend to internalize and share sparingly for the amusement of my nearest and dearest. However, all my friends are doing it, so why can't I?

Today was a typical Monday at work...nothing out of the ordinary. There were not any lab mishaps, as have become commonplace in my "older" age...or should I admit, increasing absent-mindedness. Actually, I lie...one mishap. First, a little background. Jami has picked on me forever about my willingness to do lab chores, so long as it involves my ability to "stalk" those of the male persuasion at the other end of the hall en route to trash dumpsters, waste dumpsters, recycling bins, big blue shed...etc. Hence, Jami picks up the other chores that are not on my standard routes and this is very humorous to her. She never misses an opportunity to point out my flawed reasoning to help out. With that in mind, I decided today to take out lab waste. My thoughts were completely pure, for a change, as there are no subjects currently worthy of my time. As I was transferring waste from one container into another, so as to conserve autoclave bags, my grip slipped on the first bag and I dumped half of the second onto the lab floor, causing more work for myself. As I don some latex gloves and start picking up sick, disgusting, and downright gross used lab supplies off the floor, Jami mocks me..."That's what you get for doing lab chores without good intentions." Of course, I replied, "No, this is what I get for doing lab chores completely innocently...I don't have these problems when I have an ulterior motive." The moral of today's story...even if you don't have an excuse to walk down the hall when doing one's office tasks, take time to come up with one. You'll feel better in the long run.

Well, friends, this seems enough for one post. Check back soon for something more amazing...and feel free to pick on me about my stalkerish tendencies. Just don't report me to the authorities. I haven't done anything illegal...yet. :)

No comments: