Thursday, June 12, 2008

Almost Friday!

Today is Thursday. It's almost Friday. Honestly, I used to look forward to Fridays with such an insane amount of gusto that it probably seemed ridiculous. But, who cares, it's almost Friday!

My week has been progressively better than anticipated, and tonight I managed to finish up all I intended to do before Friday. I'm even baking cranberry orange bread for my coffee club breakfast. Coffee club is a bit of a misnomer; we're just a handful of friends who happened to all be coffee snobs and enjoy one another's company first thing in the morning over a cup or, sometimes, even two. Currently, my house is smelling absolutely fabulous from the baking.

Strides were also made this fine Thursday in a bruised friendship. One of my closest guy friends and I had a bit of a scuffle last Friday over broken plans. The situation was rather unfortunate and could have been handled with a little more thought and respect on both our parts. Regardless, we hadn't really spoken since last Friday evening shortly after the occurrence of this incident. But, today, I got a phone call mid-afternoon, out of the blue, and to my surprise and delight, it lasted 15 whole minutes. While time is irrelevant, it struck odd because it was the longest we've ever had a conversation by phone. Time may heal all wounds, but it was as if nothing ever even happened! Those 15 minutes proved one thing...friendship is no matter what. Through thick and thin, countless hours together, or a few days spent apart, friendship is constant. Evidenced by 15 little minutes that made a difference to me and my perception of my awesome friend.

Well, friends, I must attend to my breakfast bread and my little dreaming piggy (who desperately needs a clean cage). Happy almost Friday and here's to something to write about when it comes to an end in 27 hours.

No comments: