Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wicked Games

The older I get, the more I find myself with an intense dislike of 'dating games'. For the life of me, I can't quite comprehend why, if two people like one another, there is almost a ritual they must go through in order to promote themselves as suitable candidates for the other's affection. Take turns initiating conversations - texts, calls. Wait at least a day in between conversations. Always have him pay. He has to be the pursuer. You must be chased. Seriously, why does it have to be so difficult? If someone doesn't understand that yes, I like to talk, and yes, I like to say hi every day, or I want to know if you're feeling better when you're sick - are they the right match for me, anyway? Why do I have to morph into this weird figment of myself, one where I am still me, but a scripted me? Ugh.

No comments: